Our Enter and work in confined spaces (RIIWHS202D) course is aimed at those who work in confined spaces carrying out the roles and responsibilities of the entrant or standby person. This course covers planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces, entry and working in confined spaces, exiting confined spaces and cleaning up.
- Define and identify different types of confined spaces
- Apply the entry requirements as per AS 2865
- Carry out hazard identification, assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Follow and apply isolation procedures and methods
- Understand and apply atmospheric management and monitoring
- Carry out purging, ventilation and cleaning requirements
- Accurately apply and follow entry permits
- Correctly use PPE including respiratory protective equipment, lifelines and harnesses
- Follow rescue procedures
- Understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of standby personnel
1 Day (8.00 am to 4.30 pm)
No prior training is required. Students will be required to present photo I.D. on arrival and complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.