Our Work safely at heights (RIIWHS204D) course is aimed at those who are required to carry out work at heights. The course covers identifying work requirements and instructions for undertaking the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing the work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to work safely at heights and will be able to:
- Apply correct fitting of full body harnesses
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to working at heights
- Select and use the correct fall prevention and fall arrest equipment including temporary static lines and anchor points
- Carry out inspections and maintenance of equipment
- Understand ground clearance and the pendulum effect
- Apply emergency and rescue procedures in relation to working at heights
- Understand the forces generated in falls
1 Day (8.00 am to 4.30 pm)
No prior training is required. Students will be required to present photo I.D. on arrival and complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.